Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Report: Chelsea agrees to sign Brazilian midfielder Douglas Costa

After being bounced from the Champions League and drawing Southampton at home, Chelsea is looking to boost it’s attack.
Reports out of England state the Blues have agreed to buy Brazilian midfielder Douglas Costa from Shakhtar Donetsk when the summer transfer window opens.
 
The Sun is pinning the transfer fee around $27 million for the 24-year-old, who has been with the Ukrainian side since 2010.
Douglas is good friends with Chelsea attacker Willian, as both have played together for Shakhtar and the Brazilian national team.
Speaking to FourFourTwo, Douglas spoke on his desire to come to Stamford Bridge and play under Jose Mourinho.
I’d be really interested in moving to Chelsea – not only because everything Willian tells me about the club, but because I think that I’d be able to achieve everything I want having someone like Jose Mourinho by my side.
Since I left Brazil, I have worked with a marvelous coach [Mircea Lucescu] and got an idea of how much influence such a good professional can have in your football.
Now I think it’s time to try a new philosophy and I’m sure that Mourinho’s is the best around He’s always fighting for trophies.
Besides that, I’d have the chance to play in the Premier League, the best league in the world. What really impresses me is that you never know which team will win – that’s a factor that always keeps athletes motivated.
 
Chelsea is just as keen to get Douglas to the Premier League, as the Blues came close to signing the Brazilian during the January transfer window. However after grabbing Juan Cuadrado, Douglas became less of a necessity.
If the move does go through, Chelsea would be adding another world-class attacker to the roster. While he wouldn’t be the main threat in the midfield like he is at Donetsk, having the likes of Douglas and Cuadrado coming off the bench would surely keep Chelsea as the team to beat in the Premier League.

1 comment:

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com