Monday, May 12, 2014

BEHIND THE MEAN FACE BY MARTIN BECK NWORAH

I walk down the streets everyday and I observe thousands of people as they go about their daily routines. For some,they've remained in the same cycle for several years without any plan of changing anything till they die. Many show a strong resilience in the face of the struggles and travails of life. They laugh it off or shout you down. They become thick skinned to affection and emotions,resolving to die rather than seek help. Behind every mean face I see in the market and on the streets,I see a heart that needs love. I see a heart that needs to be appreciated and valued. I see someone seeking for recognition and consolation. I see many faces looking for someone to bare open their hearts and listen to the soothing words of comfort they'll be told. But alas...they get none. Our "James Bond" attitude makes it hard for us to open up even when there's need for it. Behind the mean face,I know there's a heart wanting to be understood. If you find yourself in this position,don't lose hope. Someone out there still understands you. Someone still wants to hear your voice and console you. Someone still wants to help you and show you the light that is waiting for you at the end of the tunnel. I said it before and I'm repeating it again that it is okay to be weak. When I reach out to you,it means I trust you and I believe you will not stab me with what I'll tell you. I believe you will help me to grow and become better. It is hard I know,but behind that mean face;is a heart waiting to be loved and consoled. A heart craving for acceptance. Reach out today to those that understand and value you. The world is not as harsh as we think it is. There are still some few good people out there who will stop at nothing till you get the best. It is well. Till we get to the Promised Land,I shall be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.

1 comment:

  1. best writer.again..... bro you are good.

    ReplyDelete

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com