Saturday, February 22, 2014

'BECOME A GAY THEN...' BY MARTIN BECK NWORAH

From the start,I want to make it clear I have nothing against gays but
those advocating for their rights who are not gays. If its cool to be
an activist advocating for gay rights,why not become one then? After
all,the best way to preach a gospel is by example. Ngozi Adichie wrote
an article few days ago in defence of gays and I really love her
piece. I have just one advice for her,"Become a gay please". I have
friends who are lesbians,homosexuals,those who "do it" with
animals(especially dogs and goats) and I'm cool with them. The issue
of their sexuality is a topic we don't bring up because we share
divergent views about it. When it comes to gays,I'm indifferent about
it all. After all,we are not sure who is doing the right thing or not.
We are acting based on what we think is best for our human society.
For Nigeria and her anti-gay law,its all good. The strong point I'm
just trying to make is simple;if you must fight for gay rights,become
one. You have to practice what you preach and be proud of it. "I'm gay
and I'm proud of it,I'm the President of the United States of
America"...that's what we need. You cannot marry a woman,bear children
and you are advising us to keep our sexual orientation as gays. NO!
You must practice what you preach. But if you're not so keen in
becoming one as you advocate the rights,then shut up. I'm sick and
tired of people shouting that gays should be left alone,can you as a
staff of Fidelity Bank,be shouting at the employers at UBA to pay her
staff? If you must shout,then you must be one of them.
Being gay is cool and I believe if everybody was open like Ellen about
their sexual orientation,all these rantings will stop. I don't hate
gays and I don't like them. Like I said,I'm indifferent about them and
I have them as friends. The only problem they have is with their
sexual orientation which many acquired as a result of what the society
made them to become. The society ofcourse should not be blamed for our
failure in life because we must take responsibility for our actions.
So to all the gays in Nigeria,my advice to you is very clear. Come out
in the open and tell the world that you're gay. You will be prosecuted
and sent to prison for 14 years because its against our laws. But at
least,you're suffering for what you believe in "abi"? At least,by the
time a handful of gays are in prison,the government may construct a
separate jail for you. To those advocating for gay rights who are not
gays,please become one. Practice what you preach. Chimamanda Adichie
and other public figures advocating for gays in Nigeria,please become
a gay. The prison is not exclusive to some people alone,it can as well
accommodate the rest of you. So return to Nigeria and become a gay.
Till we get to the Promised Land,I shall be waiting for when you will
pass a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the
race.

2 comments:

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com