Friday, November 29, 2013

NDLEA NAB MAN WITH COCAINE WORTH N81M AT KANO AIRPORT

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has paraded a drug
courier, Maduagwu Nnaemeka Charles, who was nabbed with three
kilogrammes of cocaine worth about N81 million.
The suspect was arrested at the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport
(MAKIA), Kano with the cocaine as he arrived the airport from Brazil
en route Egypt.
The commandant of the agency in charge of MAKIA, Ambrose Umoru, said
the dangerous drug if diluted could make up to nine kilogrammes of the
substance.
He said Maduagwu was arrested during screening of passengers of Egypt
Air Flight No. MS 879.
"The suspect had boarded Ethiopian Airline flight No. ET 507 from Sao
Paulo, Brazil and transited to Cairo, Egypt, before arriving Kano via
the Egypt Airline before luck ran out on him," he said.
The 28-year-old suspect confessed before reporters that he was in
possession of two loudspeakers where the cocaine was neatly concealed,
but denied knowledge of being the owner of the dangerous substance.
"I met somebody who identified himself as a Nigerian in Egypt. When I
was making call, he discovered I was travelling to Nigeria and he
pleaded with me to assist him deliver the loudspeakers to somebody
here in Kano.
"He gave me a MTN SIM card and asked me to activate it once I got to
Nigeria so that the owner of the loudspeakers would call me for his
property, but little did I know that cocaine was concealed inside the
loudspeakers. I don't even know the owner, I was just trying to help.
"Yes I was caught with three kg of cocaine but I didn't know what I
was carrying," he added.
Maduagwu said he had lived in Brazil for 18 months, adding: "All this
while, I have engaged in menial jobs. The last job I got before
leaving for Nigeria was in a lorry park where I load trucks. These
menial jobs have been sustaining me; I don't know how I got myself
into this mess."
The high-grade pure cocaine, according to Umoru, was neatly
factory-sealed in the body-hollow of two loudspeakers brought by the
suspect which he said is a new mode of concealment by drug merchants.
He said the suspect would remain in the custody pending the conclusion
of investigation that would lead to his arraignment in court.

3 comments:

  1. The big question is how he beat Airport Security @ Brazil. I'm sure that's his cover up story. They always claim not to know that drugs were concealed. If those drugs had gotten into the wrong hands, I hate to think of the calamitous end that could have befallen so many people. I'm just happy he was caught,

    ReplyDelete
  2. bad luck 2 dis yound man,dis xmas would hav been laughter and merryment 2 him and his comrades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nigerians no dull reach dis level nah!if dats d case dey should have activated the sim immediately he got to nigeria nah to save him if truely he is innocent the real owner of the cocaine go come carry him speakers nah so dey could apprehend dat person because dats the real culprit....

    ReplyDelete

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com