Wednesday, June 24, 2015

EX-S.A.G PRESIDENT SPEAKS OUT...STATES REASON(S) FOR RESIGNING




The recently resigned President of the Students Association Government of the College of Health Sciences Nnewi has finally spoken out and released a statement as regards the reason(s) for her resigning from office.

Have a good read.

"My fellow students, I regret to admit that I resigned from
office,hence the Vice President will be taking over soon. This
is not for any other reason but because I want to assist the
management in implementing the newly adopted SUG
calendar which now begins in November instead of July. This
should have come next month but because I would not want
to interrupt the exam preparations at that time I chose to do
it this period so we can all get used to it, and I can also
prepare for my final MBBS exams coming up next month.
I fought so hard to become the first female President and I
fought even harder to remain so, I would not just throw all
that away for nothing. How can I forget the struggle and
sacrifices you all made for my sake, your loyalty and
support will never be in vain! For the very few who know
me, I have always contributed to the growth and
development of this College even without being in any
position of authority, and so even now as I seize to be the
President, I will continue to tenaciously advocate for the
rights of the students, also doing my very best to give the
students the best.
I am happy to know that my Vice President would be taking
over as she is as passionate about the students as I am, and
will see to it that every pipeline project is carried out.
I would love to use this medium to clear the air on some
issues;
1) Students in their penultimate classes will no longer be
qualified to vie for the position of President in the
government. This is because the school management
believes it's unfair and wrong for a final year student with all
the demands of final year class to combine such with a
highly demanding and stressful position such as the post of
President
2) The Union's name was changed from SUG to CHSSA
( College of Health Science Students Association ) as a
directive from the Vice Chancellor last year, who believes
that the University irrespective of the three different
campuses is one and therefore should not harbour more
than one government. A lot of arguments arose at that time,
as to the possibility of one government at a certain location
(Awka) fully representing the three campuses, with the
possibility of individuals from the three different campuses
contesting for a single position, considering the locations
and academic nature of the three campuses. To this effect,I
insisted that we maintained our own independent
government whether it's called union or association. The
'Government' attached to the name recognizes the fact that
there are 3 major arms. And that is why we are being
addressed as SAG today instead of the popular caricature of
"Chinasa" lol.
3) The above mentioned remain the present state and fate
of the union until otherwise stated by the sch authorities. So
for now, to your Tents O' Isreal! Begin to invalidate the
ambition to run for positions in Awka as this will not be
feasible. Let us continue in the struggle to build what we
already have and cherish it. There may be future
recommendations and adjustments to the structure of the
Union as regarding the 3 campuses. But until then, the
authorities believe and insist that we should be more
interested in our academic struggle than in the quest for
power/positions, as some of us rightly displayed last year.
If we had to depend on the reward of men to do good, no
one will ever try. Good deeds are borne out of a pure heart
and only God who sees our hearts and knows our intentions
can truly reward us.
I am not perfect neither am I a saint, I have my many
weaknesses and flaws and I can never pride in them, but
whatever I have done during my stay in office, I have done
solely for the good of the students.
Pls, my fellow students, don't be deceived by the rantings
and perverted agitations of some ill mannered, misguided
and puerile students constantly trying to cause chaos,
perpetuating madness, hiding under the cover of self
acclaimed truth and false, expired and contaminated
integrity. A popular saying goes thus: a clear conscience
fears no accusation. I am very accessible and easily
approachable, so if anyone has any issues whatsoever,
please feel free to engage me for better clarification.
To everyone who believed in me and stood by me all
through, may God bless you all. Best of luck in your forth
coming examinations.
#BROTHERHOODANDACTIVESERVICE#"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com