Monday, March 9, 2015

Money: A Remote Control - Anselm Nwafor

After writing my exams yesterday, I was so famished ehn.. **Imagine
being in school from 7am to 6pm. Hunger no go catch you?** Anyways, on
my way home, I decided to branch one eatery like that. **afterall, Man
must wack**
I entered the eatery and greeted those I met there. Some were too
engrossed in their food to respond. **chai! Hunger na bad thing o**
There was this particular man ehn.. If the food could talk, it would
have begged for mercy.*but sha it's none of my business. Lemme just
say my story and go*
As soon as I sat down, a man came in from the kitchen and asked me
what I wanted. I placed my order sha; one plate of fried rice, two
laps of chicken & one bottle of Ciroc. **Ahan! Why're you shouting?
I'm not lying na** Anyways, I sha started devouring my food as soon as
it was brought. That was when my eyes opened like those of Adam & Eve,
and I started looking around. I saw a woman sitting close to the food
counter. The way she was barking orders and acting, I could easily
tell she was the owner of the eatery.
I could also tell the other customers were as astonished as I was with
way she was ordering the man around. Raining insults on him at the
slightest provocation. I'm sure the man would have a wife & children
at home, and there he was acting like he was under the influence of a
remote control. The woman was just busy using the pause and play
buttons because she was in possession of the remote control, money.
One of the customers was forced to sigh and say out loud, "Money na
bad thing o". The man just looked towards us and gave us one, "What
other alternative do I have?" look.
I was speechless. A man bending to the will of a woman because of her
wealth. Truly, he who said, "Money makes the world go round" knew what
he was talking about. *puts on headphones and starts listening to my
cover of She Will"* #MEstery

3 comments:

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com