Saturday, March 14, 2015

GREATEST ZIKITES: IN THIS CASE, IS SILENCE GOLDEN?


...As the constitutionally elected Image Maker/PR Officer of the Union, I am compelled by the recent turn of events in the Students Union Government to respond or rather if need be, turn a blind eye to divergent issues affecting our polity and present a picture of a perfect Union to the world...
 
OFFICE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
STUDENTS UNION GOVERNMENT
NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY
 
Dear Zikites, in my usual tradition of always making myself available for service, I wish to thank God for the examinations that many of us have completed while other students(like myself) are still making strenuous efforts to put pen to paper. God's grace, we will all win in the end.
 
In recent times, there has been a heated tension in the three arms of the Students Union and with the divergent calls, confrontations and messages that I get on daily basis, I cannot turn a blind eye to them. I want to publicly make it clear to everyone that in every government, what we seek ( and of a truth we have been seeking in the past three months) is harmony to be able to execute our constitutional duties within the short span of time that we have as executives of the Union so that the students who elected us will feel our breeze. The many insults and hidden punches from different quarters have not gone unnoticed by my office and it has gotten to the height that if nothing is done, we may not have a union to return to at the commencement of our second semester.
 
I am compelled by virtue of my position to state clearly the position of things in the Union so that the students and the general public will know the truth. As Martin Beck Nworah(MBN), I believe I have an integrity, a name and a mandate to protect and in the light of the aforementioned, I will execute my duties of keeping the thousands of students,our lecturers and indeed the general public updated on events.
 
SO THEREFORE!!!
 
In the coming days and weeks, I will be detailing the reports of the three arms of the students Union from the 15th of December 2014 to the present day(and as it progresses in its "raw form"). From the actions, inactions and omissions of the Executives, the Legislature and the Judiciary, I will categorically state everything that  has ever transpired in the union.
 
LET IT BE KNOWN!!!
 
I owe my allegiance to our noble University and the Loyal Students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University who gave me the mandate to be their Image Maker in good faith. I am the Public Relations Officer of the 23rd Students Union Government of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka and not the mouthpiece or houseboy of any private individual. Any attempt by any individual or group of individuals to thwart the efforts of this office will be met with severe hostility and direct wrath of the law. 
 
I BELIEVE
 
I strongly believe that every individual has a right to his or her own opinion of what an ideal union should be. In spite of these divergent opinions, I promise to discharge my duties as an OFFICIAL OF THE STUDENTS!!!
 
NOTE WELL
 
I will always respect the name and dignity of the human person and this is why I strictly avoided calling any names in this brief notification. But in my subsequent bulletins and releases on the union, I will mention names ONLY where appropriate and in order to drive home the necessary point(s) for Zikites to comprehend events and happenings. 
 
Finally, on my honor, it took me years of sleepless nights to build a solid brand around my name in our noble institution as Martin Beck Nworah(MBN) and I will not; I repeat, I will never allow any individual, group of persons, sect, friends, associates, animate person or any inanimate thing to rubbish this hard earned reputation. As we grow, let us go.
 
Till we get to the Promised Land, I shall be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.
 
SIGNED.
 
Martin Beck Nworah (MBN)
Public Relations Officer/Image Maker
Students Union Government
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.

18 comments:

  1. Jisssoooooossss. Who touched the tail of this PRO oooooooo...see grammar ooo...Seriously, with this type of grammar, this PRO is not smiling at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...guy as in ehhh...the grammar too much. Na war be this oooo.

      Delete
  2. I will be waiting to hear from the mouthpiece of the students and the oracle of communication in UNIZIK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I believe the PRO must have good course to react this way. The normal MBN I know is not easily moved to anger or action. I believe this is why he never said or joined issues with anybody all these while. Now he has decided to speak up...hmmm...I can only wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abeg shift for me Sir, make I follow you dey wonder.

      Delete
  4. Beck please calm down ooo. The union is already burning. Don't add more fire please. With you getting involved, I know not even one piece of stone will remain on top of another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought about the same thing. If a guy can type lyk dis,imagine wat wil apon if he decides to go down into the field of wahala.

      Delete
  5. Choi...I am ejoying this union ooooo. But MBN, just thread carefully ooo abeg. I don't want you to hurt the wrong persons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is where d main wahal wil start oo. because with d way d PRO sounded, he is just out for anything. God help us oooo

      Delete
  6. Oga biko kwa. Let us suffer only only headache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we don wait tire...abeg give us date when u will be releasing them. Na now men dey talk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUG and its palava.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK> we shall be waiting. we have waited to hear from you for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no smoke without fire. The PRO has reasons for all these things. I trust his judgment. From his words, you will observe he was careful and picked them well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmmm politics and it's palava


    ReplyDelete

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com