Thursday, March 19, 2015

WE HERALD THE UNIZIK DEPARTMENTAL PRESIDENT WITH ASTUTE LEADERSHIP QUALITIES

In this second edition of our interview segment "The Chair With Kosy" , we are interviewing one of the best departmental presidents in Anambra State, UNIZIK and by extension, the South East. Nicknamed Emerald, Comrade Macdonald Ifeme in this insightful and mind blowing interview with Kosy, bears his mind on student leadership, how it all started, his legacies and the future.
 
ENJOY;THE USN WAY!

 
 
USN-KOSY : You're welcome to "The Chair" on UnizikSugNews. The name Comrade Macdonald Ifeme has become a household name among students of Mass Communications department of which you are their President. And we decided to invite you here today to learn more about you and what keeps your juice flowing.
 
MAC : (Smiles) Juice? I'd prefer Taste of Diamond or Fanta Lemon.
 
USN-KOSY : (Laughs)We may have to sell all your students to afford the money for the first drink.
 
MAC : I'm Comrade Macdonald Ifeme but most of our students prefer to call me Emerald. I'm from Ezinifite in Nnewi South Local Government of Anambra State. By the special grace of God, I am in 400 level Mass Communications department and also the President of the Students Association of the department here in UNIZIK.
 
 USN-KOSY : Like I stated at the beginning, we have been hearing so much about your good deeds as a student leader and this is the main reason why we brought you here so that our students will learn and also be inspired by you. So tell us, how has it been so far?
 
MAC : Well the journey has been tough because I started out as a baby politician in the faculty by first contesting and wining the...
 
USN-KOSY : So as a baby politician then, you ate baby food and drank natural milk from your political mother?


 
MAC : (Giggles) Well I never had such. God was my main inspiration from the beginning. So I became the Secretary General of the department, from there I became the Director of Socials and having seen my good works, the good and loyal students of Mass Communications department prevailed on me to contest fro the post of the number student of the department. God's grace, I contested and I am here today as the President.
 
USN-KOSY : From what you just said Comrade, I believe you have a long history in leadership positions among the students. How have you been able to cope, check and balance the demands of the students and the management?
 
MAC : From the check and balance by Burna Boy, you will realize it has not been easy.
 
USN-KOSY : Sorry I only listen to "Sample Ekwe and Sky B".
 
MAC : (Laughs) Ok Pardon. But on the long run, it has not been easy. One of the qualities of been a leader is the ability to manage those you are leading and also be loyal to those that gave you the power. And students been what they are, you will encounter challenges in trying to see that things are done in the right way that they suppose to be. But I give thanks to God, the students of Mass Communications department are one of the best if not the best set of people anybody would want to be their president. Meeting deadlines from the department and trying to solve the different issues of students have been tasking but I enjoy the experience of contributing positively to my department. Sometimes, it may affect your studies but having served in different capacities, I've learnt to balance my time very well to accommodate my studies, leadership position and personal life.
 
USN-KOSY : I must humbly submit that what we have been hearing about you is nothing compared to what I am seeing now. You're a real blessing to Mass Comm department. Out of curiosity, what is the one capital project you wish to accomplish before the expiration of your time in office?
 
MAC : Before the expiration of my tenure, the students of Mass Communications department will have their very own customized students polo and as a matter of factual importance, the project has kicked off in earnest and in no distant time, they will be delivered. I have also helped the students to attend more than seven seminars and external lectures that will  broaden their horizon and help them to practice what they learn in the class. These seminars help them to meet some of their mentors in the media industry and get a first hand insight about the industry from them.


USN-KOSY : We have seen you at various state functions with students from your department. At the 30th anniversary celebration of the Anambra Broadcasting Service and also at the Foundation laying ceremony of her digital studios to mention but a few, how were you able to get the funds and carry along hundreds of students to these functions.

 MAC : I believe an investment in a good name is better and more rewarding on the long run because it will help you a lot. In this case...

USN-KOSY : Having a good name like UnizikSugNews is a part of it right?

MAC : (Laughs) Well USN is doing well. I was able to build a good raport with my executives and they became supportive of my agenda for our students. The state government have been really supportive especially through the MD/CEO of ABS Nze Uche Nworah who has taken the students of the department of Mass Communcnications as his own kids. So provision of funds have never been an issue. Our able and hard working governor Chief Dr. Willie M. Obiano is also doing his best and i hope to do the little I can in my litle position as the president of Mass Comm.

USN-KOSY : Your good deeds in the department was noticed by a few National Newspapers like The Nation and some others, how does that make you feel? Like Don Jazzy or on top of the world?

MAC : (Smiles) I felt really happy because it shows that the little things I am doing to impact in the lives of our students is being recoginsed. This goes on to show that it is not just about shouting and posing as a leader but doing things that those you are leading will be very proud of and so far so good,it has been rewarding. I give God all the glory.

USN-KOSY : After school, do you have plans of taking over from David Mark as the Senate President or do you intend to be a full time practitioner in the media?

MAC : I will combine both my political career and my professional life because I want to use politics as a tool to change our nation and brin g about new innovations in our state. Our Governor Willie M. Obiano is doing very and I am looking up to him.

USN-KOSY : Advice to Zikites?

MAC : Be open minded, pray very well and always know the reason why you are here. For student leaders, be open and listen to your followers to help you maximise your position as a leader. In the end , the important thing is academic excellence.

USN-KOSY : Thank you for your time Mr. President. We are truly grateful.

As a student of Mass Comm, whats your view on your President?

ANITA: Macdonald is a really nice person and I believe he has been trying his best to be a good leader to us. He is surely trying his best.






FAITH : He is a good man and I can't even tell when he is angry because he is always smiling and ever ready to carry everyone along.



 
 

12 comments:

  1. Interviewing the Press man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep riding high Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny and interesting. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooooo. So Asomacs Presido don popular reach USN...na to chyke him be dat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. searching for maga abi?

      Delete
    2. LOL...as in ehh..some girls sef

      Delete
  5. Best President ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mac..i know sey one day you go make us proud. Keep doing your best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LWKMH. Funny and entertaining as always. USN have never failed to deliver under MBN. Best blog in town! Congrats Emerald.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Jobless Ibe...everywhere you go.

      Delete
    2. LOL...John don suffer for this blog ooooooo

      Delete
  8. Beautiful. I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com