Wednesday, June 25, 2014

THANK U UNIZIK..... BY AGU DAVID

THANK YOU UNIZIK
It was five years ago wen I walked in thru Ifite gate of the University. I had my doubts_ d muddy untarred road(then) leadin 2 d school gate, n d rows of ancient unkept forests spread across d capus, didn't exactly
make d best of impressions on me(if u get my drift). So I had wondered if I hadn't made a terrible mistake. I wondered why I hadn't simply chosen Unilag(as I was comin frm Lag). Indeed, I wondered 'if anytin gud cud com out of Ifite'. As I mark my birthday 2moro, 5 years down d line, I hv com 2 discover dt chosin Unizik was 1 of d best decisions I've eva made.
Som time ago I took up a fight for d welfare n gud interests of d students. D consequences of dat gud fight, at a time, seemed so fierce as if it would consume me. But u rallied around me. All of u, d great zikites! In d end, it was a successful fight, cos our aims were achivd, our demands were granted, n u helped me survive d backlash from those who considered their toes stepped on. At a point I was nearly expelled 4 leadin dat jst fight, bt ur collective voices ensured my triumph. Som ppl think me a hero for dat, bt I tel u, u, d great zikites, r d real heros, cos u r d makers of a hero.
As I wait 2 mark my birthday 2moro, two months b4 I'm done wth my journey 2 Unizik, I'm filled wth nolstalgia. More aptly, I'm full of thnks 2 u all, my co-travellers(zikites), my ever faithful frnds, suporters, and even 2 those whose toes were stepped on, 4 letin me live.
4 carving out of me a person capable of honor, n 4 dat overwhelming respect u've continued 2 show me, I say THANK U UNIZIK.
May we continue 2 remeber...

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com