Thursday, April 24, 2014

WORLD IS HARSH I KNOW BY MARTIN BECK NWORAH

WORLD IS HARSH I KNOW BY MARTIN BECK NWORAH.                               We work hard everyday trying our best to make ends meet. We wake up very early in the morning and go to bed very late with little or no food. We work so hard to eke out a living and survive in this world but it seems our efforts don't count. We cry. We work. We toil. Nobody seems to be paying attention or looking towards us. Nobody notices our hard work or dedication to duty. People insult us and call us names because they feel we're the reason for our own failure. They may be right or wrong. The world is harsh I know,but we never stop working. We pray hard and seek for divine intervention in our life. We have been from one prayer house to another crying and begging God to intervene. Our mates laugh us to scorn,but don't forget; people are generally more interested in stories about people rather than things. It seems God is no longer God. We regret ever praying to Him or paying our tithe in the church. We detest our life and question the very essence of our creation(that's if we know the essence anyway). Our prayers don't count because we feel God is no longer interested whether we live or die. In our hearts of heart,we trusted him but he failed us. We may be right or wrong. The world is harsh I know,but we will never stop praying. We have repeatedly placed our hope on people and they failed us. Many have authoritatively told us that their late great grand father and the president were classmates,so we shouldn't worry..."Employment na our own". We believed him with every sense of commitment and even gave him our body. We used our last 'card' and had some good time with friends in celebration of our new job. We may be stupid or not. But we sincerely hoped it will click. It didn't. We continued to hope on hopeless hope and nothing happens in our life. People make promises to us but every now and then,they turn us down when we most likely needed them to fulfil their promises in our life. It hurts I know. Many will brand us as a hopeless "hope-nothing" and a shear expression of enthusiastic nothingness. They may be right or wrong. The world is harsh I know,but we will never stop hoping. We trusted our best friend with a secret that our life hangs on. We might have been stupid to trust in such a true best friend. Maybe yes or no. The secret was a secret till the best moment of our life came around. From the blues,the best friend stabs our secret right into our heart and destroys our home,family,career and everything we've ever worked for. We trusted him so much to pay back and we loaned him money off the books. After all,he is our "guy". Our guy runs away and reveals to our boss that we stole money from the company's account. We trusted...we were stabbed. We have a severe depressed personality and always need someone to confide in. We trusted him/her to keep our secrets. We confided in the individual and we felt better. Our life was moving on the smooth lane and we were progressing. He/She appears from the blues(these Chelsea fans),and tells everyone our secrets. People will call us stupid and foolish for telling someone our secrets. They don't know our history or what we've been through. They simply don't know our story. They may be right or wrong. The world is harsh I know,but we will never stop trusting. My name is Martin Beck Nworah and I know. I try my best to write anything that comes to my head and hope it helps us to live a better life. I read many books and try my best to focus in life. I don't party, drink,smoke,club,flirt,fling or have any negative deviant attitude(rubbish,bros...your life is boring joor). I continue to work,pray,hope,study and trust that our Nigeria will be better for my generation. The future seems dark and holds no light for us. But I still believe. I am confident that Nigeria will wake up and be the true giant of Africa both on papers and in terms of development. I know in the nearest future,vending machines will be positioned in our streets and nobody will try to steal the drinks without inserting a coin. I believe in my Nigeria. The world is harsh I know,but we will never stop working,praying,trusting and believing. Till we get to the Promised Land,I shall be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.

3 comments:

  1. nice write up but is this possible in naija?..... "vending machines will be positioned
    in our streets and nobody will try to steal
    the drinks without inserting a coin"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can only hope and work hard it happens. I strongly believe that one day,it will be so in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur write up just brightened my mood, keep d flag flying, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com