Monday, January 27, 2014

"I EXPECT BOKO HARAM TO LAST ANOTHER 5 YEARS - JUNAID MOHAMMED

A member of the Northern Elders Forum, Dr. Junaid Mohammed has
dismissed as impossible claims by the Chief of Defence Staff, Air
Marshal Alex Badeh that the Boko Haram insurgency will be over by
April.
Mohammed in an interview with PUNCH said he envisioned the insurgency
lasting another five years.
His words: "I think the statement that Boko Haram insurgency will end
by April is rash. But I don't want to be too harsh because I don't
know the man (Badeh). If Ihejirika had made that statement, I would
have said it was an irresponsible statement. The new Chief of Defence
staff is not known to me and I haven't heard of his management style.
But I think it is a rash statement.
"Most military historians believe that when you confront an insurgency
such as the Boko Haram one and terrorism in the North-East, you have
to calculate at least 10 years within which to put it under control. I
expect the Boko Haram insurgency to last another five years or before
they can bring it to an end."
"Ihejirika and others had made such promises and up till now, they
have not been able to control Boko Haram. When you give a deadline and
you fail to achieve it, the responsible thing to do is to keep quiet,"
he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com