Tuesday, July 30, 2013

WHO I'M I TO JUDGE GAY PEOPLE - POPE FRANCIS

According to the Associated Press, below is what Pope Francis said
when quizzed about gay priests during his transatlantic flight home
following a week-long trip to Brazil...
"Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge
priests for their sexual orientation...."If someone is gay and he
searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?"Francis
asked. Below is a longer version (and slightly different translation)
of the Pope's quote viaNCR:
"When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being
gay and being part of a lobby. If they accept the Lord and have good
will, who am I to judge them? They shouldn't be marginalised. The
tendency to homosexuality] is not the problem...they're our brothers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com