Monday, February 25, 2013

KIDNAPPERS AT PROF. ILOCHI AGAIN!!!

Prof. Ilochi Okafor's Son-In-Law Escapes From Kidnappers

The son-in-law to a former university Vice-Chancellor Unizik, Akwa who
was a kidnap victim last November escaped from kidnappers who posed as
patients in a hospital.

Dr. John Onyiuke, who is the Chief Medical Director (CMD) at Beke
Memorial Hospital, a private clinic located in Nimo, Anambra State and
married to one of Prof. Ilochi Okafor's daughters, exclusively told
National Daily that one of his abductors posed as patient while
waiting for him to resume duty Monday morning.

"This morning by 8: 30am, one of my staff called me that there was a
patient waiting for me and because I live very close to the hospital.
When I got to the clinic, I saw a young man who was being checked up;
one of the nurses was taking his blood pressure. I was informed that
he was the patient waiting for me. So I went into my office upstairs
and started arranging my table as it was Monday morning. After waiting
for like three minutes, I saw the patient rush into my office, closed
the door and told me that I was under arrest. He rushed as my trousers
and held me and while I was trying to resist him, another of his
accomplice came inside with a Ghana-Must-Go bag and brought out an
AK-47 rifle. The quietly took me out of the hospital and put me inside
the booth of their car, a Toyota Corolla and started driving towards
Abagana," he said.

Onyiuke escaped by jumping out of the boot of the car when he fiddled
with the boot and it gave way.

"As they were driving out of the hospital, I was fiddling with the
booth and it opened. I jumped out and ran into the bush. Three persons
carried out the operation; two guys and a driver. I later went and
reported the incident at the Abagana Police Station," he said.

The Professor of Law, a two-time Attorney General of the old Anambra
State was said to have regained his freedom after a substantial ransom
was allegedly paid by his family.

As of the time of filing this report, Dr. Onyiuke, a graduate of the
Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH) had gone back to
work and attending to patients.

Onyiuke's father-in-law, Prof. Ilochi Okafor, was kidnapped by
unidentified gunmen from his home while preparing for church and held
for a week before being released in November 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment(s) expressed on this blog belong(s) to the individual(s) making them(it) and it is in no way related to UnizikSugNews or Martin Beck Nworah. For articles or news submission, events coverage, birthdays and adverts on the OFFICIAL S.U.G blog; call 08144322744 OR ziksugnews@gmail.com